1) The other day you were playing with one of your friends. You both were building tall towers next to each other out of giant Lego's, your favorite. Your friend said, "I like the green blocks." Without hesitating you started taking down one of the towers. I thought you were taking it down just to take it down and I knew it would probably make your friend mad. I mentioned something to you about not taking it apart but you continued. I honestly thought you just didn't want to listen to me (which wouldn't be much of a surprise now days). However, you quickly got all the green blocks and gave them to your friend. I instantly felt ashamed for trying to correct you because all you wanted to do was make your friend happy. (By the way, your friend wasn't nearly as impressed as I was.) I've thought about this incident for the past several days. I was so impressed by your generosity and thinking about your friend's feelings (which is not easy for a 3 year old.) It re-instilled in me what a sweet and kind heart you have. It has nearly brought me to tears over the past week thinking about it. I don't see many kids your age expressing that thoughtfulness. I definitely could learn a lesson from you. I hope you don't ever loose that; in fact, the older you get the more generous you seem to become. Thank you for reminding me that there is still good in the world.
2) My favorite part of the day is after you take a bath and run around the house naked. You're always in such a good mood and want to play (even though you need to be getting ready for bed). Tonight I was trying to put your pull-up and "pjs" (aka, dress) on when you started dancing, all while being naked. You had this funny odd dance going on and it made me laugh. You were having such a good time just doing your own thing and dancing to your own beat. Again, it made me appreciate the small and funny things you do that make you who you are. I hope you don't ever lose that goof-ball, silly, dancing to your own beat mentality. (Just make sure you're clothed when you hit 15!)
3) A conversation you and I had in the car on the way home from a playgroup:
me: Hey Katheryn, daddy's birthday is coming up. What do you want to get him?
you: One of my books. My Angelina Ballerina book. And I'll wrap it.
me: Oh, he'll love that! What else?
you: Some flowers and some panties.
me: Oh, good idea! He needs both of those. Anything else?
you: Some pull-ups, BIG pull-ups!
me: Oh, ok. He may need those in a few years. Anything else?
you: Some tissue.
me: Some clean tissue or dirty tissue?
you: Dirty tissue

No comments:
Post a Comment