Dear Katheryn, I'm writing this letter to the both of us. I want to write to you to let you know, and hopefully remind you, of a couple of events in your three year old year. I'm writing to myself so I won't forget.
A few weeks ago it was a warm day and I decided to take you to the beach since I know how much you love the sand and ocean. We had forgotten your beach toys but you didn't care because you found some icky seaweed and drug that around and played with it for over an hour, even calling it your puppy and one point. It was so fun watching you run in and out of the water and screaming and laughing! I just watched you be a fearless 3 year old. I also wanted time to stop just so I could remember how much fun we were having. You didn't care about anything else but just BEING! A few weeks have passed since that day but I still remember it very clearly. You might have thought it was just another trip to the beach but for me it was a priceless afternoon.
I was reading the monthly letter your teacher, Ms. Kathy, sent out about all of your adventures and activities that you had done throughout the month of November 2012. It made me realize how fast your time at Grace preschool is going. We are halfway through. It made me sad to think that you won't always have Ms. Kathy as your teacher. We all three have LOVED her being your teacher. And you have loved her back. You are in this bubble right now at Grace. You are in a small class of 10, you go to chapel every week, Ms. Barb gives your class cooking lessons, you take nature walks and you're even learning the alphabet. Since you only go three days a week in the mornings that still gives you and I plenty of time to hang out with each other. This time is fleeting so I'm trying to hold on to it and savor every moment, ok, maybe not EVERY moment, I could do without some of the meltdowns ;) But, overall, I wouldn't change anything about this current phase we're in.
Love,
your momma
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment