Thursday, May 30, 2013

strawberry picking...kinda

Today Katheryn and I had planned to go strawberry picking. The same place we went last year with Grandma G and Grandpa.

When we got there there was to be no strawberry picking for us :( The weekend before almost all the strawberries had been picked over so the farmers were giving the fields a rest this week. (cue the sad music!)

Fortunately Katheryn wasn't too upset. I went ahead and bought strawberries from the little store (I couldn't go home WITHOUT strawberries!!) We had brought a lunch and there was a cute little playground and picnic area in the back of the store to play. And of course we got some strawberry shortcake for dessert. Luckily for me Katheryn isn't a big strawberry shortcake fan (I mean, is she REALLY my daughter??!!). So, we made due with a picnic, a little play and strawberry shortcake!

Still not a bad way to spend the day!











No comments:

Post a Comment