Sunday, April 5, 2009

EXPLORING THE OUTSIDE WORLD




Grandma Parisi was visiting again this past week. She was  a HUGE help to me while Pete worked. She went with me to Katheryn's 2 month doctor appointment, we went to the Arboretum (which didn't turn out so well), and we went to the grocery store for the first time with Katheryn. She also tried to help me get Katheryn to sleep in her crib during the day instead of either on Pete or me. (She'll sleep in the crib at night but just not during the day.... weird, I know!) 

What did I find out about Katheryn's personality? She likes movement, & when there's none she lets me know that she's not happy. For example, she doesn't like when the car stops. However, as soon as it starts going again her crying flips off like a light switch. I also realized that if I take her on grocery trips then I can get out of there much faster. She hated it when the cart stopped. I guess that's going to make decision making much faster. Thank goodness grandma Parisi was in the back of the car with her, however, it still didn't make her like the car being stopped anymore. I also found out that sometimes it takes three grown adults to change a really poopy diaper. Needless to say there were some socks thrown in the trash that night.

I was really sad to see grandma Parisi go. I felt like I had some support when Pete was working. She helped me gain some confidence in myself that I can take Katheryn out of the house by myself. I guess it just takes baby steps..... pun intended! 

 I'm very thankful that Katheryn has such wonderful & caring grandparents in my parents & Pete's parents. I definitely realize that we are lucky & blessed! Pete & I are trying to convince grandma Parisi that she can commute from California to Dallas every other week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment