
We went out to dinner a couple of weeks ago with our good friends Chris & Chrystal. (Chrystal has taken several pictures of Katheryn, including her new borns & 3 months).
(*sidenote - Chris is the one that introduced Pete & I. I met Chris back in college, in '94, & Chris worked with Pete at the now de-funct Ensemble Studios).
Chris has always been nervous about holding Katheryn. He always thinks he will drop her. He also has a phobia of gross stuff, including spit-ups, dirty diapers, etc. He simply said, "Chrystal will take care of all that stuff." Chrystal, Pete & I got a big hearty laugh as well as some eye roles at that statement.
At one point during dinner Pete was holding Katheryn and, true to being a baby, she spit up & it started running down his arm. Well, Pete & I are used to it & we simply just wipe it up & keep going. However, Chris, who was sitting next to Pete saw it & visibly starting gagging. Of course we got a big kick out of that & told him, "That's nothing!!"
I'm not quite sure how we finally got Chris to hold her but I looked over & he was. He seemed very natural at it too.... until... she spit up... down his arm! Luckily he didn't notice it right away (since it was body temperature & everything). Pete quickly wiped it off his arm before Chris could realize the gooey mess. Then he became a little squeemish after he realized what had happened. Fortunately he didn't see it so he said it didn't gross him out. But hey, at least he's been christened with Katheryn's baby spit... and he lived to tell about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment