I've had my head stuck in the "sand" for the past week.
Last week I bit the bullet. I introduced Katheryn to the basics of going to the potty.
(In actuality we'd been working on it for a few months but last week was the
be all to end all of potty training (PT)).
I won't lie, that first day was rough! By 3:30 Katheryn was exhausted and I had fled the house, almost in tears.
Don't worry, Katheryn was in good hands with her daddy, who I had left with specific PT instructions.
By the next day I regrouped and tackled PT from another direction... plain bribery!
Luckily for me Katheryn has a sweet tooth just like her momma & daddy. After
introducing some Reese's Pieces she was putty in my hands! It's been
smooth sailing ever since. (And to think I was one of those moms
that said I would NEVER give her candy for going to the potty. Hey,
it's whatever works!!)
introducing some Reese's Pieces she was putty in my hands! It's been
smooth sailing ever since. (And to think I was one of those moms
that said I would NEVER give her candy for going to the potty. Hey,
it's whatever works!!)
This was Katheryn's necessities during the first two days. (What you don't see were the treats... Reeses Pieces)
and here were mommas "treats" after coming back from fleeing the house.




No comments:
Post a Comment