Friday, June 26, 2009

IN OTHER NEWS....

just a few quick updates:

1) Post-anniversary follow-up - For our anniversary a couple of weeks ago, Katheryn spent the night with grandma & grandpa Bagley. It was the first time without her at night since we had brought her home. As the weekend drew closer I had been looking forward to being able to sleep in and just relax and spend time with Pete. I knew that I would miss her but I wanted to take advantage of the time that Pete and I would have together uninterrupted. However, as we got in our car to leave the restaurant we had met my parents at I started crying. For the first time in four months Katheryn wasn't with us. I kept looking in the back seat were she usually sits and there was no car seat. It felt like an appendage was missing. I was truly sad. However, Pete had to remind me that it was just overnight and that my parents would take excellent care of her. I finally relaxed after an hour or two and was able to enjoy the rest of our time together. And yes, I did call every couple of hours to see how things were going. When we picked her up the next day both Pete & I were so excited to see her. I think it was good for all of us. Grandma & grandpa got to spend time with Katheryn, she got to spend time with them and  Pete & I got to spend time with each other. I think we've decided we're going to try to do this once a month. 

2) Father's Day was great! I don't have any pictures because Pete just wanted to hang around the house & relax. I took Katheryn all day for him so he could sleep as much as he wanted. I kept asking him if he was SUUURE he didn't want to do anything special since this was his first Father's Day and he kept telling me that being able to sleep/nap was a present in and of itself. I can't really blame him for that!

3) Naps - as many of you know Katheryn's napping situation has been touch & go for the past six weeks. She's had great naps (2+ hours) and not so good naps (5 min. or less). Well, I think we might be over the hump (cross your fingers!!). The past several days the majority, instead of the minority, of her naps have been at least an hour or longer and that makes me soooooo happy! I had no idea before I became a mom how precious naps are for a baby.... as well as mom & dad. When she's taking a good nap it's the best feeling in the world, and when she's not napping good... well, it's just miserable. I know in the big scheme of things it's really not a big deal that she doesn't have great naps but I still want her to get her rest. Pete keeps reminding me that she's happy and growing great and she doesn't have anything else wrong with her. Basically, he tells me to chill out every once & a while ;)

4) First big trip - In August all three of us will be flying to California to visit Pete's parents. It will be the first time Katheryn has been on a plane. I have to admit I'm a little nervous about traveling with a six month old. I don't want to be one of  "those people." When she gets tired she wants us to walk with her and in a Ď€plane that's not always feasible. I'm sure she'll do fine but just in case, cross your fingers for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment