Tuesday, July 21, 2009

DECEPTION


Many of you know that Pete and I have quite the sweet tooth and we also are not always the best at eating healthy. We try to but sometimes what's easy is not always healthy. Since Katheryn has started eating solids I felt like this could be a new start for Pete and me. If we want her to eat healthy then we need to eat healthy as well.

Right now it's easy to make healthy homemade food for her since she doesn't eat that much. However, if I've learned one thing over the past 6 months it's that time flies by and before I know it she'll be eating 3 meals a day with more one than food per meal. So, while we were at Half Price Books this past weekend I picked up "Deceptively Delicious," a cook book that shows you how to sneak in healthy food in quite a few ordinary foods (including desserts), mainly through purees. I've heard it's a little time consuming at first but once you get the hang of it it's not that big of a deal. 

I haven't tried anything so far but I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment